Monday, April 15, 2013

Your house might be making you sick |

Your house might be making you sick

"It was a chronic thing: Almost every time Erma Taylor's great-grandson caught a cold, he also ended up having a severe asthma attack. Taylor, a retired nurse, spent many hours at a hospital, helping to hold the toddler for tests and breathing treatments, and wondering what was causing the attacks.  The one thing Taylor never suspected was that something inside the Falls Church, Va., Cape Cod that she shares with her granddaughter and great-grandson was a source of the 3-year-old's medical problems. It turned out that mold and mildew from years of shampooing the decades-old carpet were aggravating the little boy's respiratory system."

Blog Archive