Thursday, April 3, 2008

Coffee may cut dementia risk from cholesterol

Comment: I find this interesting as I've always used coffee to offset a bad reaction, particularly a bad respiratory reaction.  It quiets it right down within minutes where nothing else works.  I noticed this on my own and then my doctor who treats my MCS recommended it as well.  He suggested it to help dilate the bronchials when I have bronchi spasms.  Also, it seems to fit with Pall's theory on the NO/ONOO- cycle of biochemistry in relation to the more permeable blood-brain barrier.
 
NFI in the cofffe industry!  :)  And yes, organic is best to avoid chemicals used to process commercial coffee.  I am not suggesting everyone go out and use caffeine!  Especially those with adrenal problems.  Just sharing a point of interest for deeper thought, comment, and investigation.  I'm quite well aware that some react to caffeine and/or coffee and others find it beneficial.
 
"Caffeine is a safe and readily available drug and its ability to stabilise the blood brain barrier means it could have an important part to play in therapies against neurological disorders."

"The "blood brain barrier" is a filter which protects the central nervous system from potentially harmful chemicals carried around in the rest of the bloodstream.

Other studies have shown that high levels of cholesterol in the blood can make this barrier "leaky". "

Daily caffeine 'protects brain'

Coffee may cut the risk of dementia by blocking the damage cholesterol can inflict on the body, research suggests.

Blog Archive