Sunday, November 15, 2009

With dental fillings, it's a question of mercury amalgam vs. composite

With dental fillings, it's a question of mercury amalgam vs. composite
http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.com/news/local/6944168.html

"About 10 years ago, Kay Meyer lost 60 pounds when she developed severe food allergies. She couldn't think clearly, suffered from severe headaches and chronic fatigue.

Meyer didn't know for sure if the toxic element mercury made her sick, but as an adult she tended to eat large amounts of fish, was exposed to mercury working as a dental hygienist and had a mouthful of amalgam fillings. Those fillings are about half mercury.

"It was determined that a combination of all three of those things led me to have pretty high elevation of mercury in my system and organs and blood stream, which caused a myriad of health problems including fatigue, brain fog, inflammation throughout my body particularly in my digestive system and bladder," Meyer said. "I was diagnosed with high mercury elevation. Eventually, I found a dentist in Skowhegan who over several months very carefully removed all my fillings. Over time, my symptoms got better -- some of them went away.""

Blog Archive